Reagecon™ Silver Nitrate, Analytical Volumetric, 0.1M
Determine concentrations using silver nitrate as the titrant. Reagecon™ Silver Nitrate, Analytical Volumetric, 0.1M is perfect for titration of halides, anions that behave like halides, mercaptans and a variety of organic materials.
Brand: Reagecon™ N20100W
Additional Details : Weight : 2.74000kg Transport : UN number : 3082 Chem class : 9 Pack group : III
- This analytical methodology is based on reactions that yield compounds of limited solubility.
- There is not a very wide range of precipitating agents that can be used gainfully in titrometry and silver nitrate is by far the most important.
- These titrations, (also called argentometric titration) is where silver nitrate is used as the titrant.
- Silver nitrate can be used for determination of halides (Cl-, I-, Br-) and anions that behave like halides (SCN-, CN-, CNO-).
- It can also be used for determination of Mercaptans and organic materials that include Fatty Acids.
- Indicators typically used for precipitation titrations include sodium chromate, fluorescein and iron (III).
- A wide range of standardised silver nitrate titrants are available, some of which are standardised to specifically give a one to one equivalence with sodium chloride in various food stuffs.
Safety and Handling
- silver nitrate 0.1M
- LONG-TERM AQUATIC HAZARD Chronic 3
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 2
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H319-Causes serious eye irritation.
- H412-Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- P273-Avoid release to the environment.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- P337+P313-If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- P501b-Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
- MIXTURE LIST-Contains : silver nitrate