Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Protein A Agarose
Purify antibodies or perform immunoprecipitation with this standard-capacity, immobilized native Protein A on beaded agarose resin.
Brand: Thermo Scientific™ 20334
Additional Details : Weight : 0.80000kg
Perform a variety of antibody affinity purification methods with Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Protein A Agarose, a standard-capacity Protein A beaded agarose resin.Pierce Protein A Agarose consists of purified native Protein A that has been covalently immobilized onto high-quality crosslinked 6% beaded agarose. The agarose beads have physical and chemical properties that enable them to be used in a variety of batch- or column-type affinity purification procedure. Several package formats are offered: 5mL and 25mL bottles of resin slurry, 1mL pre-packed columns and a complete IgG purification kit.
Protein A is a bacteria-derived protein that binds with high affinity and specificity to the Fc portion of antibodies, especially those of the IgG class. Compared to its alternative (Protein G), Protein A provides the highest binding capacity for subclasses of IgG from rabbits, pigs, dogs and cats. Protein A also has higher binding capacity for human IgG, except for IgG3, which it binds weakly. Protein A also binds weakly to mouse IgG1 and is not recommended for most applications with that antibody isotype.
Native Protein A – immobilized Protein A is ideal for polyclonal IgG purification from human, rabbit, pig, dog or cat serum
Agarose resin – support is crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B), the most popular resin for protein affinity purification methods
Inert and stable – superior manufacturing method immobilizes Protein A by charge-free, leach-resistant covalent bonds, resulting in low nonspecific binding and enabling multiple uses without decline in yield
Standard capacity – Pierce Protein A Agarose has a normal load of immobilized Protein A, providing a binding capacity of 12 to 19mg human IgG/mL resin (approx. 6 to 8mg mouse IgG/mL resin)
Properties of crosslinked 6% beaded agarose (CL-6B):
- Support pH Stability: 2 to 14 (short term); 3 to 13 (long term)
- Average Particle Size: 45 to 165 microns
- Exclusion Limit: 10,000 to 4,000,000 daltons
- Maximum Volumetric Flow Rate: approx. 1mL/minute (for 1cm diameter column)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 30cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: less than 25psi (1.5 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
- Resin Slurries: crosslinked 6% beaded agarose; 5mL and 25mL bottles
- Spin Columns: 1mL columns
- Purification Kit: complete kit containing five 1mL columns
- Bulk and Custom: let us know your needs for bulk Pierce Protein A Agarose
Kit contains Protein A Column (1mL each), Protein A IgG Binding Buffer, IgG Elution Buffer and desalting columns
|Agarose Resin, Affinity|
|Binding 12 to 19mg human IgG/mL resin; 6 to 8mg mouse IgG/mL resin|