Invitrogen™ CellLight™ Mitochondria-GFP, BacMam 2.0
Provides easy method for labeling of mitochondria with Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) in live cells
Brand: Invitrogen™ C10600
Additional Details : Weight : 0.99000kg
This ready-to-use construct is transduced/transfected into cells using BacMam 2.0 technology, where it expresses GFP fused to the Leader sequence of E1 alpha pyruvate dehydrogenase. You can observe mitochondria-GFP behavior in live cells using a fluorescent imaging system and standard FITC/GFP filter set. Study staining of mitochondria, which does not depend upon mitochondrial membrane potential. In addition, you can co-transduce/transfect more than one CellLight reagent and label live cells with multiple tracking or tracing dyes to image dynamic cellular processes. Cells expressing CellLight constructs can also be fixed with formaldehyde for multiplexing with antibodies using immunocytochemical techniques.
CellLight Mitochondria-GFP, BacMam 2.0, is a fusion construct of the Leader sequence of E1 alpha pyruvate dehydrogenase and emGFP, providing accurate and specific targeting to cellular mitochondria-GFP. This fusion construct is packaged in the insect virus baculovirus, which does not replicate in human cells and is designated as safe to use with biosafety level (BSL) 1 in most laboratories. BacMam technology ensures that most mammalian cell types are transduced/transfected with high efficiency and minimal toxicity. This transient transfection can be detected after overnight incubation for up to five days—enough time to carry out most dynamic cellular analyses. Like any transfection/transduction technique, the BacMam method does not transfect/transduce all of the cells with equal efficiency, making it poorly suited to cellular population studies or automated imaging/counting. CellLight reagents are ideal for experiments where cellular or subcellular co-locatization is required, or for cellular function studies that need special resolution.
- Highly efficient: up to 90% transduction of wide range of mammalian cell lines, including primary cells, stem cells, and neurons
- Fast and convenient: simply add CellLight reagent to cells, incubate overnight, and image—or store frozen, assay-ready cells for later use
- Less toxic: CellLight reagents are non-replicating in mammalian cells and are suitable for biosafety level (BSL) 1 handling
- Flexible: co-transduce more than one BacMam reagent for multiplex experiments or co-localization studies; tightly control expression levels by simply varying the dose
- Flow Cytometer Laser Lines: 488
Cell Analysis, Cell Structure, Cell Viability, Proliferation & Function, Cellular Imaging, Chemotaxis & Cell Migration, Cytoskeleton, Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunofluorescence Staining & Detection
|Confocal Microscope, Fluorescence Microscope|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.