Gibco™ Advanced RPMI 1640 Medium
Advanced RPMI (Roswell Park Memorial Institute) 1640 is widely used basal medium that allows culture of mammalian cells with reduced Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) supplementation
Brand: Gibco™ 12633012
171.00 DKK valid until 2021-06-30
Use promo code "14804" to get your promotional price.
Additional Details : Weight : 0.59000kg
Compared to classic RPMI 1640, serum supplementation can be reduced by 50-90% with no change in growth rate or morphology.i Cells successfully cultured in Advanced RPMI 1640, with no adaptation, include Sp2, Vero, Raji, Daudi, and Jurkat. This Advanced RPMI 1640 is modified as follows: with glucose, non essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, phenol red; without L-glutamine, HEPES.
- Unique from other media due to addition of following ingredients to allow for serum reduction: ethanolamine, glutathione, ascorbic acid, insulin, transferrin, AlbuMAX™ I lipid-rich bovine serum albumin for cell culture, and trace elements sodium selenite, ammonium metavanadate, cupric sulfate, and manganous chloride
- Requires supplementation with 1-5% Fetal Bovine Serum and 4mM L-glutamine or GlutaMAX™ supplement
- Many cell lines do not require adaptation to this media
- FBS concentration must be optimized for each cell line to obtain maximum serum reduction
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
|Advanced (Reduced Serum)|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.