Compared to classic MEM, serum supplementation can be reduced by 50-90% with no change in growth rate or morphology.i Cells successfully cultured in Advanced DMEM / F-12, with no adaptation, include PK-15, MDCK, Vero, WI-38 and Hep-2. It is modified as follows: with glucose, non essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, phenol red; without L-glutamine, HEPES.
- Unique from other media due to addition of following ingredients to allow for serum reduction: ethanolamine, glutathione, ascorbic acid, insulin, transferrin, AlbuMAX™ I lipid-rich bovine serum albumin for cell culture, and trace elements sodium selenite, ammonium metavanadate, cupric sulfate, and manganous chloride
- Requires supplementation with 1-5% Fetal Bovine Serum and 4mM L-glutamine or GlutaMAX™ supplement
- Many cell lines do not require adaptation to this media
- FBS concentration must be optimized for each cell line to obtain maximum serum reduction
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco Advanced MEM is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to the ISO 13485 standards.
iPaul Price, Brad Stiles, David Staines, Ethel Evege, Femi Fatunmbi, Kate Wagner, Lori Nestler, David Jayme. Advanced Media as Alternatives to Classical Basal Media. FOCUS, 2003. 25.2:3-6.
|AlbuMAX II, Ammonium Metavanadate, Ascorbic Acid phosphate, Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, Glycine, Human Transferrin (Holo), Insulin Recombinant Full Chain, L-Alanine, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|
|Sodium Pyruvate; Low Glucose; No Glutamine; Phenol Red|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.