Catechol, 99+%, Thermo Scientific™
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
|Color||Brown-Gray to White|
|Melting Point||103.0°C to 106.0°C|
|Assay Percent Range||99% min. (GC)|
|Solubility Information||Solubility in water: 430g/L (20°C). Other solubilities: soluble in alcohol, benzene, chloroform, ether, and pyridine and aqueous solutions|
|Physical Form||Crystalline Flakes|
|Viscosity||2.38 mm2/s (110°C)|
|Chemical Name or Material||Catechol|
|Show More Show Less|
- Acute toxicity Category 3
- Acute toxicity Category 4
- Serious eye damage/eye irritation Category 1
- Germ cell mutagenicity Category 2
- Respiratory sensitiser Category 1
- Skin corrosion/irritation Category 2
- H317-May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- H318-Causes serious eye damage.
- H315-Causes skin irritation.
- H341-Suspected of causing genetic defects.
- H311-Toxic in contact with skin.
- H332-Harmful if inhaled.
- H301-Toxic if swallowed.
- P280-Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- P302+P352-IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water/.
- P304+P340-IF INHALED: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
- P305+P351+P338-IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
- P310-Immediately call a POISON CENTER/doctor/.
- P332+P313-If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
RUO – Research Use Only